Keep Your Head In The Game
The Centegra Sports Concussion Program offers a collaborative approach between primary care physicians, neurologists and neuro-rehabilitation experts to manage and treat sports-related concussions.
A concussion is a brain injury that:
- IS SERIOUS
- May be caused by a bump or blow to the head
- Can happen even if you haven’t been knocked unconscious
- Can be serious even if you’ve just been “dinged”
- Can change the way your brain normally works
Signs and symptoms of a concussion can appear immediately after the injury occurs or may not be noticeable until days or weeks after the injury.
Recognition and proper management of concussion when it first occurs can help prevent further injury or even death.
The Centegra Sports Concussion Program provides:
- Cognitive baseline assessment and the follow-up care necessary to provide the best possible outcomes with certified ImPACT® concussion consultants
- Comprehensive outpatient services for people with traumatic and acquired brain injuries and neurological impairments at Centegra Neuro-Rehabilitation Center
- Access to Lurie Children’s Concussion Program for a more specialized approach to pediatric neurology
- Concussion education for parents, teachers, athletes and coaches
Centegra Sports Care is a certified ImPACT® Testing Facility:
- ImPACT is a computer-based neurocognitive test battery to aid in the assessment and management of concussion
- ImPACT is the most widely-used and most scientifically-validated computerized concussion evaluation system
- The ImPACT program measures multiple aspects of cognitive function in athletes including working memory, reaction time, speed and concentration
- The combination of baseline and post-injury testing helps to evaluate a student’s condition and a safe Return to Play/Learn
For more information visit Centegra.org/concussion or call 815-759-4342.